What is Uidai?
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a government agency which operates in association with the planning commission of India. It is responsible for the Aadhaar implementation scheme which is a unique identification project introduced by the Government of India in 2009. The Aadhaar is a twelve digit unique identity number which is issued to the Indians to identify as well as justify them.
UIDAI is a specific agency that manages database of residents containing biometric and other data and is headed by a chairman who holds a cabinet rank. In addition, this project was initially conceived by the Planning Commission as an initiative that would deliver identity for each resident and also used for welfare services. Besides this, UIDAI has business collaboration with many of companies and it has its data centers all over the India. The Unique Identification Authority of India has its operational headquarters in New Delhi, India. For any information and query, call on toll free customer assistance number: +91-1800-300-1947
The customer care number of Uidai can be contacted from Madhya Pradesh, Patna, Gurgaon, Salem, Madurai, Delhi, Gwalior, Shillong, Patiala, Jharkhand, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Ranchi, West Bengal, Nagpur, Kolkata, East Delhi, Surat, Varanasi, Ludhiana, Ahmedabad, Thane, Vellore, Bangalore, Trivandrum, Allahabad, Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Ghaziabad, Noida, Vijayawada, Assam, Bhopal, Amritsar, Kanpur, Jaipur, Dehradun, Gorakhpur, Aurangabad, Baroda, South Delhi, Faridabad, Chennai, Cochin, Himachal Pradesh, Udaipur, Mumbai, Agra, Goregaon, Nasik, North Delhi, Meerut, Indore, Rajasthan, West Delhi, Hyderabad, Mysore, Vadodara, Orissa, Sangli, Pune, Trichy, Karnataka, Coimbatore, Jammu, Raipur, Pondicherry, Uttarakhand, Kerala, Bihar, New Delhi, Lucknow, Tamil Nadu, Rajkot, Mangalore, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh, Navi Mumbai, Ernakulam, Bhubaneswar, Punjab, Erode, Jamshedpur, Goa, Maharashtra, Visakhapatnam India, etc.
task was at first brought about by the Planning Commission as an activity that would give recognizable proof to each inhabitant the nation over and would be utilized principally as the premise for effective conveyance of welfare administrations. UIDAI
would likewise go about as a device for compelling observing of different projects and plans of the Government. The idea of an extraordinary recognizable proof was initially talked about and worked upon since 2006 when regulatory endorsement for the venture Unique ID for Below Poverty Line (BPL) families was given on 03 March 2006 by the Division of Information Technology, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology. This venture was to be actualized by the National Informatics Center (NIC) over a time of 12 months. Accordingly, a Processes Committee to propose forms for updation, alteration, expansion what's more, erasure of information fields from the center database to be made under the Unique ID for underneath BPL venture was set up on 03 July 2006.
- UIDAI target is to gather the biometric and demographic information of occupants, store them in an incorporated database, and issue a 12-digit special personality number called Aadhaar Card to each resident.
- Starting with issuing of first UID in September 2010, the UIDAI has been focusing to issue UID an exceptional 12 digit Aadhaar number to every one of the occupants that is sufficiently strong to dispense with duplicate and fake characters, and can be confirmed and validated in simple and practical way online anyplace, anytime.
- Moreover on UIDAI , any Aadhaar holder or administration supplier can check an Aadhaar number for its validity through an easy to understand administration of UIDAI called Aadhaar Verification Service (AVS) accessible on its .
- Likewise, an inhabitant as of now enlisted under National Population Register is not required to select again for Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar is a 12 digit person ID number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India in the interest of the Government of India.This number will serve as a proof of personality and location, anyplace in India.
- Aadhaar letter got by means of India Post and e-Aadhaar downloaded from UIDAI are similarly valid.
- Any individual, independent of age and sexual orientation, who is an inhabitant in India and fulfills the confirmation procedure set around the UIDAI can enlist for Aadhaar Cards.